Moving Day Tips
- Review your utilities meter reading to see what you owe. This will assist you in finalizing your last payment
- Plan arrangements for your children and pets so they do not get in the way of the movers.
- Walk your movers around your home to make sure all items that need to be loaded are marked on the inventory list. Point out any fragile items or items you would like the movers to pay extra attention to.
- If you have packed and of your own items, the mover will need to confirm that all boxes are well packed and sealed.
- Keep in mind that it is your responsibility to confirm that all items have been moved and loaded onto the truck.
- Do a final walk through of the house to check that all lights are off and all appliances have been disconnected.
- Make sure you have cold beverages for the movers, especially during the summer months. It’s important that they stay hydrated, given the high physical demand of their job.